Business: Starting an exclusive video gaming center
Business Type: Entertainment, Technology.
Sort: Full time.
Most suitable for: Anyone with a bit of technical knowledge.
Starting a video game cafe is not a new or an innovative idea in 2016. But with the time, priorities change. People are bored with same old system games. They expect something new. So, this article is an attempt to explain what is the new trend these game geeks are running after.
This article talks about
– The present state of gaming center business.
– What are the new innovations in the gaming industry?
– How do I setup a gaming center exclusively for computer game lovers.
– How you can make more money by selling other products.
Present state of gaming center business
There used to be a time when I used to visit a computer center just to play GTA vice city. Now the time has changed. Every home has a smartphone or a PC. And there are mind blowing games releasing every day in the market. But I don’t want to quote that internet cafes are running under loss, especially when I observe the crowd in the cyber cafes of my city.
The present state of gaming centers depends on the locality you are living in. In some places, an internet cafe with some random games itself is a profitable business. Developing and underdeveloped countries are not much used to the hi-fi services like a play station or Xbox consoles. At the same time in developed nations, such gadgets can be found in most of the homes.
There are other sets of video gaming centers which you may encounter in the bigger malls and complexes. These centers offer games such as bike riding where you actually sit on a bike like structure with a screen in front of you. I’m not talking about such gaming business as it needs a lot of technical setups and is quite expensive too.
What are the new innovations in the gaming industry?
Video gaming industry is one of the hottest industries now. Every day, game developing companies are coming in front of the customers with better and innovative games and gadgets. And there are technologies like Virtual Reality which are like the toppings on your pizza.
Gadgets like virtual reality headsets, motion sensing game controllers ( like cameras, move motion controllers) have totally revolutionized the gaming industry. Millions of PlayStation, Xbox consoles are sold every year. People are going crazy over VR headsets.
The above graph is a screen shot from google trends. It shows how people are going crazy over virtual reality.
So, How to start my video game center?
If you are living in a developing or underdeveloped country, then you are in a very lucky position. There are people who charge 50 rupees(less than a dollar) for 5 minutes of a roller coaster video on VR headsets. But, that’s not what I’m talking about.You can make more money than that with a decent business plan.
Here is how,
– Choose a good place for your business.
– You can do business with just those VR headsets. Buy at least 3 to 4 such sets so that many customers can play simultaneously instead of waiting for their turn. Different VR headsets need different requirements.
– If you are financially strong enough, then you can go one more step further and buy either Playstation 4 or Xbox consoles with a LED TV screen to use some extremely awesome games.
– Move motion controllers and cameras can definitely attract your customers.
– Most of the gamers love to eat when they are playing. So, selling food items in the counter is not a bad idea.
– There are other products like game DVDs, google cardboard and other gaming gadgets that can be sold so that you can make some extra money.
– The service plan is up to you. You can make your own plan and price for the service you provide. Most of the people let their customers play games for certain minutes of time every day. Others give monthly passes with some restriction.
The gadgets that I have mentioned above may seem bit costly. But once you setup your business, you can earn your investment within 2 years if you are doing it correctly. In countries like the US, cost estimation of this business is 10000$-15000$ provided you have bought at least 6 VR headsets, 3 LED screens, 3 Xbox/Playstation consoles, and systems. The price of the land and electricity not included. The best thing is you can start this business from home itself if you have a bigger space.
If your budget itself is 5000$ or less, then I recommend you to do business with just the VR headsets which run with any smartphones.
If you want to know more about these gadgets and their prices, read this article.
* All you need to know about VR headsets before buying them *
There are more than 60,000 people per month who are googling for a gaming café around them. This is just the online data, and I’m sure that the offline data is at least 10 times more than this. So, video game center business has a potential of being a successful business if you hit the right cords at the right time.
We all know that the currency that we use(fiat money) is just a piece of paper, It’s NOT AN ASSET BUT A LIABILITY. So, you should start turning a portion of your paper money into either stock, gold or other commodities as soon as possible. I am a 20-year-old guy and I have already started turning half my income into commodities because that’s what investors do. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your income now. Want to know why? Read this article.
Read this article – Keeping all your earnings in the bank? How dangerous and stupid is it?